The aim of the Patient Handling Training Course is to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attitude to enable them to assist patients in accordance with good manual handling techniques.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand what constitutes patient handling and which types of tasks require manual/patient handling
- Structure of the spine and injuries caused by poor manual handling.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of manual handling regulations.
- Use manual handling equipment correctly.
- Apply professional safe handling techniques and adhere to safe handling best practice
- Maintain excellent safe handling habits to ensure their safety and the safety of those around them
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Anatomy, Structure & Function of the Spine
- Posture & Back Pain
- Fitness & Flexibility
- Risk Assessment
- Manual Handling of People
- General use of Equipment
- Use of Hoists & Slings
- Using Slide Sheets
- Encouraging Independent Mobility
- Methods of Assistance
- Assisting Plus-Size Individuals
Groups and individuals catered for.
Theory and Practical Examination
All instructors are QQI qualified.
On successful completion of this training course, candidates will be awarded a Certificate of competence.
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training.