The manual handling training course is designed to provide learners with the practical skills, techniques and knowledge to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and in perfect form. It covers key topics such as best practice guidelines, safety legislation and mechanical aids.
Poor manual handling is the cause of over a third of all injuries in the workplace. This training course will show you how to work in compliance with The Manual Handling Regulations to ensure a safe working environment that follows best practice at all times.
You will learn which work tasks constitute manual handling and the kinds of professions that require heavy lifting or the transportation of heavy goods. You will also be introduced to advanced handling techniques, providing you with the skills to ensure safe handling habits and make use of mechanical aids to support the process.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Understand what constitutes manual handling and which types of tasks require manual handling
- Structure of the spine and injuries caused by poor manual handling.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of manual handling regulations.
- Use manual handling equipment correctly.
- Apply professional safe handling techniques and adhere to safe handling best practice
- Maintain excellent safe handling habits to ensure their safety and the safety of those around them
- Theory and Practical Examination
Key Features of Manual Handling Course:
The course is designed to train individuals to become experts in their field.
- Training delivered by QQI qualified instructors.
- Certificate and hard copy available on the day of training.
- Learning assistance and tutor support
- Discounts on bulk purchases